Bayfield Lions Club
6 Municipal Road, P.O. Box 2107
Bayfield, Ontario N0M 1G0
Interested in being a Lion? Have any questions? You’re in the right place.
Lions Code of Ethics
- To Show my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- To Seek success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- To Remember that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another’s; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- Whenever a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- To Hold friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- Always to bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state, and my community, and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act, and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor and means.
- To Aid others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
- To Be Careful with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy
Become a Member
In 1987, Lions Bulletin Editor and recipient of the prestigious Melvin Jones award, the late Ross Merrill wrote; “Can you imagine what the village of Bayfield would be like today if the Lions Club had not been formed 40 years ago? I’m sure there would be a great void here.
The influence of the Bayfield Lions Club has not only been evident in this community but in many countries throughout the world. Our motto is “We Serve”. We are proud to be Bayfield Lions and are proud of our accomplishments over these 72 years! We encourage others to join our fellowship and experience the great satisfaction of service to our fellow community members.
Ross wrote those words 32 years ago and as we celebrate our 72nd anniversary in 2019 as a club, they still have as much meaning today as they did then. We are very proud of our past and it is our sincere hope that in the future, those men and women who follow us in the Bayfield Lions Club will continue our pledge, “We Serve!”
If you’re ready to join, or have any other questions, please use the form below.